Friday, June 11, 2010

My Angels

When I look into their cherubic faces,
I see a sadness that lies deep within.
A sadness of selfish parents.
Too concerned with themselves to see.
The lack of loving attention,
In those precious little boy's lives.
I embrace them with all the love I have.
Yet, I know it is not enough.
My heart swells with happiness,
When they show me love in their beautiful faces.
They strive so hard to achieve the attention they lack.
Then told to shut up and be struck by a mother's hand.
My heart breaks into pieces.
Hearing their plaintive cries.
My words fall on deafened ears.
Too selfish to know why.
I pray to God every day,
To bring "my boys" happiness.
It will not come from their parents
So it must come from myself and God.
It may be selfish for me
to think I feel an accomplishment.
That I'm bringing the love and respect
That all God's children deserve.
©Catherine Angelfield 2010
All rights reserved

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Ms. Derailed! Sentiments well expressed...lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh... Well Said, So poigantly written..

    On the content of you're prose..I stand with you,
    Grandmother of a Wonderous child, I cry also, I
    Give my all,In Prayer, Care,and the BELIEF that
    God,Love and 'Proper' Parenting WILL prevail..
    My job, as I understand it,is to keep watch,to
    know when to interced, and to Realize,that this
    neglect, is a Trigger of my Own experience as a
    Child..in my case he is young..there is time for
    correction.
    Sorry for my 'rambling' but, you touched my Heart
    and ,Isn't that what such,exquisite writing is
    about ?
    I take a moment, to pray, for All the Children,
    Ours, Their's,,and Our Own Inner Child to Heal,
    from Any, and All Abuse...
    Thank You ,Catherine !
    Peace & Love
    Will one day Prevail...
    I DO Belive :)
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sandy for your comment. You sound like you are going through the same experience. It is sad, indeed when children are being raised by their grandparents. You are not rambling, you are just expressing yourself as I do so often. You never need to be sorry for that!

    ReplyDelete